By Barbara Klugh
This fall we on the stewardship committee are doing something different and we need your help. We are giving the people of Grace a 21-day devotional guide about gratitude. Since we have a highly gifted and literate congregation, we believe it will be more meaningful if folks in our church community write the reflections, rather than purchasing a devotional guide “off the rack.” We encourage people of all ages to contribute a reflection. If we receive more submissions than we can use at this time, we will save them for a future devotional.
What’s your story? What are you grateful for, especially when you think about God and our Grace community? You could write about a baptism/wedding/funeral, ministry opportunities, a time you were especially close to God, receiving help in a crisis, the music, a particular sermon, learning to follow Jesus, a memorable event, well, you get the idea. We’re convinced that everyone has a story worth sharing.
Guidelines for reflections:
- Begin with a Bible verse. If desired, possible verses to use will be available upon request.
- Your reflection can be up to 250 words.
- Conclude with a brief prayer—one or two sentences is fine. The Book of Common Prayer can be a great help for prayer starters.
- Add a ten-word autobiography. This may be the most challenging part!
- Include a headshot photo of yourself. A selfie from your phone is fine; or ask Ann Hackett or Dave Eitland to snap your photo.
- You may submit more than one reflection.
- Submit your reflection by Friday, September 26.
- Email reflections to Barbara Klugh, firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), or bring a hard copy to the office in an envelope addressed to Erika. Unless you give the envelope directly to Erika, follow-up with a phone call to make sure Erika received your contribution. We don’t want any reflections to get misplaced.
Thank you. Our goal is to distribute the devotional guides on the first weekend in November.